Shiokawa tidalflat Preservation Association
Shiokawa tidalflat is located in about central JAPAN.
More than 50,000 wildfowls and more than 3,000 waders are wintering.
And many spieces of waders visit in their migration.
This area is one of the most important wetland for migratory birds in JAPAN.
- (1)Birds count
- We count birds Shiokawa tidalflat every month from 1974 constantly.
So we have accumulated datas about 251 spiecies had recorded before.
- (2)Populalization of the importance
- We have bird-watching-meetings for citizens to recognize the excellence
of local nature "Shiokawa tidalflat" and to realize the importance.
- (3)Proposal for preservation
- We propose to goverment(including local communities) to make Shiokawa tidalflat for national birds protection area.
We hope to Shiokawa tidalflat be registered Ramsar Convention Treaty.
If you have interest about Shiokawa tidalflat, please see our homepage.
And If you want see more, please send mail to email@example.com .
Go to Homepage